Sustainability is championed by our business leaders, integrated into our core operations and, therefore, embedded into our organizational strategy. To ensure executive and operational buy-in, NRG's sustainability team manages our day-to-day sustainability efforts while also developing and guiding long-term strategy.
Further, a CEO-led executive steering committee advises the sustainability team to guide the development, integration and implementation of our strategy. The committee meets biannually and communicates throughout the year for specific implementation needs. In 2016, the committee's structure adjusted to position leadership in strategic priority areas and will continue to evolve in 2017.
As of Dec. 31, 2016, the executive steering committee included the following members:
- Mauricio Gutierrez, President and CEO
- Lynda Clemmons, Vice President, NRG Business Solutions
- Kevin Cole, Senior Vice President, Investor Relations
- Craig Cornelius, Senior Vice President, Renewables
- David Hill, Executive Vice President and General Counsel
- Elizabeth Killinger, Executive Vice President and President, NRG Retail
- Judith Lagano, Senior Vice President, Asset Management
- Christopher Moser, Senior Vice President, Operations
- Bruno Sarda, Vice President, Sustainability
- Walter Stone, Senior Vice President, Environmental and Assistant General Counsel